Year 10 and 12 Returning to School from 15th June 2020
In line with Government guidance we will be inviting Year 10 and Year 12 students to return to school in small groups from Monday 15th June 2020.
The safety of everyone in our school community is very important and we have worked hard to ensure social distancing and other preventative measure are in place on site. We have conducted thorough risk assessments which have been approved by our Local Authority. As a result of these the following measures are now in place:
- No more than 12 students in any one class
- Social distancing markers throughout the school (corridors, classrooms, toilets)
- All desks and seats spaced a minimum of 2m apart
- One way systems around school
- Hand sanitising stations throughout the school and in every classroom
- Temperature check points
- Anti-bacterial wipes and spray and tissues in every classroom
- Staggered toilet breaks.
Year 10 and Year 12 students will receive letters detailing the days they are assigned to attend. Please do not attend the school on any other day -unless you are classed as key worker or vulnerable students you must ONLY attend the school on the days you have been invited. Work will also continue to be set virtually for all pupils in Yrs 7-10 and 12.
Please see the overall timetable. Individual letters sent to parents will detail which group students belong to and which specific days they are invited to attend.
Please watch this entire presentation before returning to school, and read your letter thoroughly so you can be fully prepared.
Arrival on Site
- Arrive between 9:20am – 9:30am
- Enter only via the side gate (Thornbury Square)
- Line up on the marked lines
- Staff will supervise checking of temperature and sanitising of hands
- When your temperature has been approved, line up on the playground in your designated groups and wait to be escorted to your learning base
- Please note: no bags, food or equipment will be allowed on site. All equipment will be provided by the school and will remain on site to avoid contamination. Equipment will not be shared between students.
Learning on Site
- You must maintain social distancing at all times
- Follow the one ways systems and all other signage
- Staff will guide you around the building
- Wash and sanitise your hands frequently
- Toilet breaks will be taken on a rotation basis to limit the number of students waiting or in the same area at any one time.
- Dress Code: You do not need to wear school uniform – please wear your school PE kit or a plain tracksuit. No bag allowed on site.
- Follow the additional behaviour for learning rules sent to you with your invite to return
- Follow requests to maintain social distancing immediately and without question
- Do not disrupt learning or impact upon the safety of others by coughing, sneezing or pretending to be symptomatic
- Do not compromise the health and safety of others by coughing, spitting or sneezing at them or without covering your mouth and nose sufficiently
- You must use a tissue when you cough or sneeze, bin it directly afterwards and sanitise your hands. Parents have been sent a copy of the revised behaviour policy which includes a Covid return to school addendum.
- Failure to comply with the above will be considered serious breaches of the Behaviour Policy and could lead to an exclusion.
- Light refreshments will be provided for break time
- Year 10 will be dismissed at 12:50pm each day. Year 12 will be dismissed at 12:30pm.
- All pupils must travel directly home being mindful of social distancing etc.
Year 12 assessments will be held on site from Monday 22nd June to Friday 26th June. Further details will be shared with students upon their return to school on Monday 15th June.
Year 10 assessments will take place online from Monday 29th June to Friday 3rd July. Details of these have already been sent in a letter to parents with individual log in information. Please email email@example.com if you are yet to receive this information.